Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Through the Storm

"Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm." Job 1

Job- I keep coming back to you...I find myself clinging to your story. Clinging to the words God spoke to you.


swallowed up
suffering and pain-
surround me.
i am swallowed up.
my heart aches-
it groans within me.
longing to be
touched by You..
this overwhelming feeling
is like a tidal wave..
i'm riding this wave-
trying to keep my head
above the water.
my eyes scower the seas
for a life boat.
scower for a hand
to lift me out.
then i blink-
you descend.
you lift me out-
out of the violent waves,
out of the chaos.
bring me to dry land.
wrap me in a blanket
of peace and calmness.
you descended-
and saved me from the
wild seas within me.
you pat me dry
wipe my face
lift my head
stand me up
and send me off.
I am yours.
And you are mine.
You descended...
or so I thought....
You were protecting me,
surrounding me..
you were the clothes
on my skin.
The air I was breathing..
The life within me.


No comments:

Post a Comment